Sunday, December 5, 2010

Liliput - Die Matrosen/Split



I was inspired to post this one because of something that happened this morning. My family was in town and we got brunch together at a hotel in Greektown here in Chicago. As soon as we sat down, a flash of recognition came over me at the sight of the man at the table next. It was Dan Graham! It sort of looked like he was part of a breakfast following a Saturday night wedding. After he left, I tried to explain to my family who he was. I started to try to explain what "Rock My Religion" was, but I don't know if I could do that even after I've had my first meal.

In the book he writes about Liliput in a way that compelled me to track them down. I've loved the group ever since.

This single is again, a pretty straight forward text based design. However, I almost wish in this case the band had continued the inspiring cover design to the single label, or maybe even to a picture disk. Here's a possible version of that idea:

No comments:

Post a Comment