Sunday, July 25, 2010

Diadem (?)

"Variety is the keynote of this album of well loved gospel songs played by Lester and Grace Place, nationally known evangelistic team...

This recording is produced at the time when the Places have completed 25 years of itinerant evangelistic ministry including the preaching of God's word and the presentation of music...

Features in this album are the Marimba, bells, saxophone, guitar, and the antique triple octave bells. An interesting feature is the song "Cleanse Me" as Lester plays a saxophone solo with himself...

Their life story, conversion and testimony was presented recently on the worldwide broadcast "Unshackled", produced by the Garden Mission of Chicago Illinois."

This record has a really strange sound to it. I love it. I listen to it a lot. Whenever I play it for people, they tell me it's "creepy" and ask me to take it off. There's no accounting for taste, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment