Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Harvest - Neil Young

I know Reprise has already been represented here, but I wanted to post it anyway because I never knew the history. So I learned that it was originally a label conceived by Frank Sinatra, at one time displaying his own face, and that Neil Young along with Sinatra were the only artists left on its roster until Warner resurrected the label in the late 80’s, but I still haven’t figured out where the ship came from.

Besides Neil Young being an important part of the Reprise story, this album in particular is significant in my own transition to buying my own records. Neil Young was always a kind of ghostly mystery to me and this record sitting in my parent’s collection always seemed kind of sacred... I listened to it back to back with bad HipHop records I'd buy from Second Hand Tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment