Friday, February 18, 2011

Little Howling Wolf "D'Mau Mau" b/w "James Sweet Jimmy" (Solidarity)


It must be said that the label design here has little intrinsic interest. The strength of Solidarity as a label name and the heroically plain font with which it's presented is appealing to me. As you may have guessed, the word solidarność at the bottom is Polski for solidarity and was the name of Poland's first non-Communist trade union. I know Wolf spent some time "behind the Curtain" in Poland and East Germany and is a life-long union member, so I suspect a relationship. Incidentally, I've been proud of my childhood neighbor, Wisconsin, in the last few days for joining the Egyptian working class in refusing a life of humiliation. And for winning the Super Bowl. This is going to be your year, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment